If you’ve been looking for the best multi-IM client on the iPhone… here it is!
For a limited time, you can purchase Beejive IM via the iTunes App Store for only $9.99, original price is $15.99. It’s on sale until 4/30/09 so HURRY!!! …only 2 more days 🙂
I’ve only had this app for a few days but I can tell you if you’ve used IM+, Nimbuzz, Palringo, and Fringo…. Beejive has the best interface and most custom settings! One major complaint I have is the keyboard lags from time to time when you type but it is a known issue and they will be fixing it – when??? you ask…. I don’t know! Hopefully sooner rather than later though.
- Be connected 24/7 (you can choose to stay online on their server even after you exit the app, you can choose to stay on from 10 minutes – 24hours after you exit the app)
- Works with multiple IM networks & multiple accounts per network (I personally use AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and Facebook but there is also iChat/MobileMe, MySpace, GoogleTalk, ICQ, & Jabber)
- Automatically reconnects in case of data service disruption, including phone calls & loss of cell coverage
- Real-time chats: quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats (there is even a “shake to switch between chats” option)
- Push email alerts for incoming chats
- Click to browse, call, or send an email directly from the chat screen (you can even go to a website without leaving the app, gives you the option to use Webview or Safari)
- Email yor chats
- Set custom status messages, be invisible, set an auto-away status, & change privacy controls
- Buddy icon support for AIM®, Yahoo®, Gtalk®, MSN®, & Jabber
- Customizable sound, vibrate, & LED settings and an optional global popup on new messages
- Customizable chat skins, wallpapers & emoticon support
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your iPhone